Aligning capital projects actions with climate reality
HALCYON can not only automate the capture of granular engineering data but it can now track the carbon footprint of entire capital projects.
Using the GHG Protocol cross sector calculator, HALCYON allows projects to develop a comprehensive and reliable inventory of their GHG emissions during the construction phase of their projects and through into operations.
HALCYON’s GHG emissions tracking gives projects’ visibility on their greenhouse gas creation and can track the footprint to produce and transport every piece of equipment, tonne of steel and concrete.
For many companies and projects in particular the vast majority of the GHG, Carbon and cost reductions opportunities lie outside of of their own operations.
The emissions dashboard gives visibility into your organisation’s project and supply chain-related carbon footprint and can give the following insights:
- Use consistent and accurate carbon accounting to track greenhouse gas emissions associated with construction, materials and supply chain equipment
- Claim carbon credits/offsets with a defensible reporting mechanism
- Calculate carbon offset requirements from the project phase
- Assess where the emission hotspots are in your supply chain
- Identify resource and energy risks in your supply chain
- Identify which suppliers are sustainability leaders and which are laggards and use this for supplier qualification
- Identify energy efficiency and cost reduction opportunities in their supply chain
- Engage suppliers and assist them to implement sustainability initiatives
Improve the energy efficiency of their products
- Track transport, primary (raw materials) and secondary (manufacturing) GHG emissions
- Add emissions to contract performance, e.g. reward suppliers with a lower carbon footprint product or delivery