Aligning capital projects actions with climate reality
HALCYON can not only automate the capture of granular engineering data but estimate and track the carbon footprint of entire capital projects.
HALCYON allows projects to develop a comprehensive estimate and reliable accounting inventory of their GHG emissions (Scope 1, 2 & 3) from early-stage design through to operations.
HALCYON’s GHG emissions tracking gives projects visibility on their greenhouse gas creation and can track the footprint to produce and transport every piece of equipment, tonne of steel and concrete.
For many companies and projects in particular the vast majority of the GHG, Carbon and cost reductions opportunities lie outside of of their own operations.
Our project estimation tool gives early estimates for facility carbon footprint, using early-stage design data. It gives design teams insights into price vs carbon and identifies areas for savings in carbon in your facility design. This early-stage insight is essential to influencing lifecycle carbon. In addition, it gives regulators assurance that your design and resulting construction are as low as possible in their emissions.
- Assist the early-stage design teams to make more carbon-savvy decisions on the choice of materials and suppliers for their asset
- Compare and model different design and material choices in early stages
- Generate ‘typical’ embodied carbon lifecycle assessment (LCA) data from database’ of standard materials
- A unique systematic approach to estimate ‘typical’ LCA data for purchased equipment
Once the project flips from design to execution Halcyon starts tracking actual delivered embodied carbon figures that can be compared to these early-stage estimates.
The emissions dashboard gives visibility into your organisation’s project and supply chain-related carbon footprint and can give the following insights:
- Use consistent and accurate carbon accounting to track greenhouse gas emissions associated with construction, materials and supply chain equipment
- Claim carbon credits/offsets with a defensible reporting mechanism
- Calculate carbon offset requirements from the project phase
- Assess where the emission hotspots are in your supply chain
- Identify resource and energy risks in your supply chain
- Identify which suppliers are sustainability leaders and which are laggards and use this for supplier qualification
- Identify energy efficiency and cost reduction opportunities in their supply chain
- Engage suppliers and assist them to implement sustainability initiatives
Improve the energy efficiency of their products
- Track transport, primary (raw materials) and secondary (manufacturing) GHG emissions
- Add emissions to contract performance, e.g. reward suppliers with a lower carbon footprint product or delivery